The Hunni Blog ELA 10

Community Communication Trust Respect Courtesy Integrity Scholarship Self-Discipline

An Unforgettable Semester

January25

Being in Ms. Hunnisett’s class for Grade 10 Language Arts has been an amazing experience and has made me fall in love with literature and appreciate all forms of it. Ms. Hunniset within a number of days made a class passionate for this subject and how much impact she made within all of us with her strong inspiration she helped inspire us all. Within these blogs a community of writers was created, a community who supported and built off of one another’s passion. Within the hour and a half classes we made a community of learning and knowledge, but as well created memories. Within the teachings of Ms. Hunnisett, we created a class into a family. I believe that each and every individual was a piece of our classes identity, if we took away anyone we wouldn’t be the class we are today.

Blogs in Language Arts last year were more formal and to the rubric, we didn’t have the choice to write freely and to express ourselves in different ways. This year my perspective on blogging was changed, I enjoyed writing about my opinions and sharing them with my class and community. I enjoyed the fact that others commented on my blogs and helped support and improve on my work. With writing you need many people to edit your work and help you create a masterpiece. This helped me prepare for Art next semester because I know for a fact that we are going to be needing to write blogs about out art pieces. Thankfully I am more confident with my writing, and to capture other bloggers’ attention.  I enjoyed seeing the writing that my fellow classmates had done, it was very impressive and as well inspired me to write short stories in the future. Short stories are one of my weaker genres of writing.  I am stronger in taking evidence and analysing it to make a theme or connection with everyday life. My goal is to write more short stories and to  improve upon my blogs and reposting them. Edublog’s was frustrating at times but gave me experience and techniques in writing regularly.

Each class this semester, in Ms. Hunnisett’s room, put a smile on my face; we had multiple characters in our classroom which created this fun and kind identity for our class. This class was my stress reliever, made me feel calm and more confident in my learning and abilities. We all accepted one another which was the main factor on how much we all had an influence on one another.

I enjoyed how we explored Romeo and Juliet by acting it out and getting out of our desks and creating a play of all the scenes. When we analyzed the film, The Truman Show and used the technique of SAY, MEAN & MATTER impacted my way of analysing any form of literatur; I will continue to use this throughout high school and beyond. It will help me recover information and ideas that were hidden by the text creator. Our novel study To Kill a Mockingbird was a really impacting book; Harper Lee had a great visual and characteristic for each character. Each event and character was connected to an overall theme or motif. Making this book has offered unlimited perspectives and ideas, creating many inspiring class projects and creative pieces. Each piece of literature could be taken in all kinds of ways, making each story, play or film has unlimited meaning and matter. I was really impressed how much our class was capable of doing in this one semester.

It was an unforgettable privilege to be in Ms.Hunnisets class; this semester has made me appreciate all forms of literature and made me find the hidden matter, morals and motifs. Ms. Hunniset within a number of days made a class passionate for this subject. The impact she made within all of us was fueled by her strong inspiration in which helped inspire us all. I will miss this class, but I will always keep what I have learned both educationally and as a community this year close to me. I believe that each and every individual was a piece of our classes identity, if we took away anyone we wouldn’t be the class we are today.

imagesquotes-mlk

by posted under Alisha, Uncategorized | 1 Comment »    
One Comment to

“An Unforgettable Semester”

1. January 25th, 2015 at 8:13 pm      Reply Ms. Hunni Says:

My dearest Alisha,
    Thank you for such a powerful and thoughtful reflection. You have so many lines that bring me such joy, but the ones that really make my heart sing are the ideas about our community, our family. Know that the positivity of our class is always charged with your beautiful heart and presence. It has been a life-changing journey for us all.
    Loving you heaps, Hunni

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Class Blogs

BLOGGING RULES

January 2015
S M T W T F S
 123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Categories

Skip to toolbar