The Hunni Blog ELA 10

Community Communication Trust Respect Courtesy Integrity Scholarship Self-Discipline

To Kill a Mockingbird – Eulogy

January27

Arthur Radley was a great man, a helping brother, and a contributor to society. He wasn’t as bad as everyone made him out to be. He never was a monster, he never ate raw squirrels, and he certainly didn’t have a scar on his face. As he was growing up, he made mistakes but quickly learned from them. Arthur changed his ways after his teenage struggles and became a better man that many will never understand. He was a symbol of good in our community and today you’ll know what his life was like.

Arthur greatly represented greatness through his integrity and his affects on people around him. He never tried to lie his way out of problems or use people for his own gain. My brother would be fair to all and give gifts whenever he could. He never tried to be superior than others whether or not he was more knowledgeable which left a positive affect on people he talked to. He was great because he fought for good and never for the sole purpose of harm. I saw it in him when he was just a little boy learning to get along with others. Once at the park, when he was very young, he saw two little kids arguing and saw one of them punch the other. Being the man he was, he quickly ran to the two kids and stopped the fight by beating up the aggressor. Sure he should have called a teacher or parent but he did what had to be done. His virtue of greatness made him more helpful around the house and even my work.

My brother loved helping people with a passion and never regretted giving a helping hand. He would try to assist anonymously because he never liked being the centre of attention. He would help our mother around the house with all the chores but also had  a sense of humor. Once, he was cleaning the dishes with our mother and quickly splashed water on mom’s face and ran. As he tried to get away, he slipped on some water, fell into the table and flipped it over. My cold coffee slipped all over his clothes and I couldn’t help but laugh. And another time, he sneaked out of the house in the middle of the night, got my work done just so I could spend the weekend with him. He wanted to learn to read and write but he did this every Friday just so he felt as if he contributed to our family. These are the kind of moments I’m going to miss most about my brother. His jokes and his willingness to help any in irrational ways just to be part of society.

Our society, mostly, frowned upon Arthur because of his past and our father’s unreasonable ways of fathering us. But, even through the though times, he would give suggestions to political representatives but through paper and in the middle of the night. He was the leading force behind ending racism in all communities because he never understood why it existed. He never wanted to leave the house in the day because he loved diverse kinds of people and didn’t want to be criticized for it. Whenever there was any kind of dispute at night, he would quickly rise to the occasion and help settle the dispute. He was a sheriff when the law was sleeping.

Arthur Radley was a great man, a helping brother, and a contributor to society but he did so unnamed. He didn’t think what he was doing was good because he considered it human nature but he always wanted to be a hero. The damn bastard didn’t realize you need to be known to be a hero but I loved him just the same.

by posted under Amrit, Uncategorized | No Comments »    

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Class Blogs

BLOGGING RULES

January 2015
S M T W T F S
 123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Categories

Skip to toolbar