The Hunni Blog ELA 10

Community Communication Trust Respect Courtesy Integrity Scholarship Self-Discipline

Reflection on 2014-15

January27

What did I achieve as a learner, reader and writer this year? It isn’t much but enough to squeeze 350 words from. I can recall an “aha’ moment, the only “aha” moment, but never used it for various reasons. As a reader, I personally think I grew from last year through suggestions from Ms. Hunnisett. Writing, to me, is difficult but I have seen what my strongest writing style which isn’t used enough. As a person, I’m more excited about next semester, not because I had bad teachers.

There was an “aha” moment that struck me as we were watching The Truman Show. I remember telling Ms. Hunnisett the special thought-process going through my head and she told me to share it with the class the next day, it was the end of class mind you. The next day arrives and I’m sitting in ELA class without a thought of my “aha” moment because I completely forgot it from my knowledge. It was a depressing day now that I look back on it because I can’t remember any other “aha” moments. It was as if I was never meant to be honored in ELA class but my reading made me feel better about it.

I never liked reading for fun because no one ever brought any books home that consisted of more than math formulae and science theories. This lead me to read news and other non-fiction texts, mostly news and facts, which has now made me appreciate non-fiction novels. But that’s not the important part. It was near the end of the semester when Ms. Hunnisett talked about the only book I completed in class and threw my name into the lecture. I was extremely proud of my ability to read that day because I knew what she was talking about. The best part of the lecture was the mostly blank faces.

As a writer, I realized that critical essays suck pretty early in my school career. They could have been better if they had more freedom but no, critical writing had to be about something people wouldn’t look twice at. That is why I like writing from perspectives, especially those that are vague and underdeveloped. This way you can relate it to anything with little proof. Who needs proof when it’s interesting to read or will be looked at more than once because of the curiosity created in the reader.

This semester I had great teachers that helped me pass my courses. My highlight would most certainly be Mr. Nayak and his use of puns in math. Never in my life have I heard so many puns. I will most probably miss all my teachers but can’t wait until next semester because I have P.E! What else could anyone ask for other than P.E next semester. Money would be great but in reality is empty, love will only break your heart, and friends come and go. But P.E is different, P.E will make you breakfast in the morning, call you for friendly advice in the middle of the day, and won’t leave your pocket empty.

by posted under Amrit, Uncategorized | No Comments »    

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Class Blogs

BLOGGING RULES

January 2015
S M T W T F S
 123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Categories

Skip to toolbar