The Hunni Blog ELA 10

Community Communication Trust Respect Courtesy Integrity Scholarship Self-Discipline

The Climb

September26

The Climb is a song by Miley Cyrus. I chose this song because it is a very encouraging and it is quite similar to The Journey. Both the climb and the journey show how voices around them/in their mind stop them from moving on and achieving what they want. “…and you felt the old tug at your ankles.” Someone was pulling you back from moving forth. “Every step I’m taking, every move I make feels lost with no direction, my faith is shaking” She is losing hope and confidence. In the poem the author says, “But you didn’t stop. You knew you had to do it.” and in the song the singer says, “But I got to keep trying, got to keep my head held high.” So even through these obstacles both the travelers make it through and continue to move forth.

by posted under Jaspinder | 1 Comment »    
One Comment to

“The Climb”

1. September 29th, 2011 at 7:50 pm      Reply jessicabhakri Says:

Nice work! I really enjoyed reading your blog post Jaspinder! I think that you did a good job of comparing the two (The Climb and The Journey), but I believe that you could have done it better. I’m sure you are capable of more! Personally, I believe that you should have added more to the ending, since it leaves the reader hanging loose. But good job for realizing how the song and the poem have deep and similar meaning, and how they relate to one another. I can’t wait to read more of your pieces!

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Class Blogs

BLOGGING RULES

September 2011
S M T W T F S
 123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
252627282930  

Categories

Skip to toolbar