The Hunni Blog ELA 10

Community Communication Trust Respect Courtesy Integrity Scholarship Self-Discipline

Truly Hidden

September30

Invisible.  You look around at the people, yet no one can see you.  Even if they could, why would they look?  They wouldn’t want to know the real you anyways.  So you sit there behind the tinted glass; don’t worry they aren’t looking.  Go ahead, live your life.

Have you ever wondered how invisible you really are to the thousands of other people there are?  I have.  Sitting on the second sections of the train, leaned up against the grungy windows.  You look out across downtown and think of how small you really are.  You see the business people rush by.  They don’t notice you. Why should they?  If they don’t notice you, who will?  Desperately, you look around the crammed container.

The one creepy person that looks at you every so often; the one person you can feel stare at you.  You slump back down into your seat.  Maybe you don’t want to be noticed.  Maybe you just want to hide as the person no one knew.

Who are you?  If you always live your life in hiding, then what will you ever be?  You will only ever be the person they see.

This is your stop; you need to get off.  Excuse me.  Excuse me?  Why can’t they hear me?  I must be invisible.  Just another face behind the tinted advertisement.

Sometimes in life we feel invisible.  Animals sometimes adapt and live their entire lives this way.  I was inspired to write this one-day on the train. After thinking about other creatures that are invisible I came up with the predators and the prey.  They both do it; each to hide from the other.  No prey will willing walk up to the predator to be eaten.  Unless they don’t know they are there.

We as humans think we are so different from the animals.  But we are both prey and predator.  We would not stroll over to a hunger alligator and beg him to eat us.  We need the common sense and the intelligence to hide from creature that would be a potential danger to us.

Look behind the thick leaves of an overgrown tree, and there might be a stick bug.  Cleverly disguised as a twig, he can easily hide from his predators.  They have their reasons to hide too.  Build their brick wall and escape from the world.  Where no one else will think to look; in their own skin.

by posted under Melissa | 3 Comments »    
3 Comments to

“Truly Hidden”

1. September 30th, 2011 at 11:50 pm      Reply Eden Says:

I love the theme of this blog , how were like animals , prey and predator. How were invisible just like animals are, this blog shows meaning and a deep understanding of the way life works; how were not that much different from the things we feel superior too.

2. October 1st, 2011 at 11:54 am      Reply teodorabac Says:

melissa…this is really amazing, i especially loved your comparisson of people to animals and the idea of prey and predator. the way it was written, as though a person on a trian, is fascinating and it really spoke to me. overall nice work.

3. October 2nd, 2011 at 11:10 am      Reply kirstenmak Says:

This was an amazing blog! I think we all feel like were invisible and the feeling realy sucks! This made me think of how we dont appreciate animals and our own lives! good work!

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Class Blogs

BLOGGING RULES

September 2011
S M T W T F S
 123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
252627282930  

Categories

Skip to toolbar