The Hunni Blog ELA 10

Community Communication Trust Respect Courtesy Integrity Scholarship Self-Discipline

They aimed for the stars, and landed in the graveyard.

October16

Space exploration is one of the most high-end risks we as humans, could take part in. However, when we see the images of what lies beyond our view, it is somehow worth every last breath. Nevertheless, it is still an extremely dangerous, not to mention expensive, operation, that if manned could play the difference between life and death. Whether it is manned or not, space explorations can cost a massive amount of money. This money usually comes from the government, otherwise known as taxes, and if used on a failed mission can put a lot of pressure on the government for their spending strategies.  Next when going into space there is an overwhelming dependency on the equipment used to: one, get the space probe into space, and two, to keep the apparatus on the spacecraft working and functioning properly while in space. Third, no one can predict what will happen to you in space. Not in the sense that there are extraterrestrial beings, but the fact that scientists may not be prepared for any impromptu dilemmas that occur in space, negatively effecting the operation. Lastly, if investigating the surface of a planet, the foreign atmospheres, consisting of elements such as hydrogen, nitrogen, ammonium, methane, etc. can degrade or cause harm to the spacecraft. Thus decreasing the amount of time the space probe has to gather evidence. If not, the spacecraft is left to deal with whatever conditions are in effect, while it in orbit, with the help of space officials by computer. All in all, the risk of going into space is enormous, since chance and reliability play a big role.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2003-02-01-accident-timeline_x.htm

http://potpiedeluxe.com/files/2010/05/Kari_Nebula_WS_by_casperium.jpg

by posted under Nathanael | 3 Comments »    
3 Comments to

“They aimed for the stars, and landed in the graveyard.”

1. October 23rd, 2011 at 2:39 pm      Reply Trudy Says:

Dude. That was really good! I loved your brilliant word choice, and I loved the topic that you chose; it’s not one of the things I would normally think of to blog about but it was very eye opening. And another thing I really loved was the title for your piece. Really caught my eye out of everyone else’s blog titles. Great job, keep it up 😀

2. October 25th, 2011 at 8:08 pm      Reply rizanj Says:

Good job Nathanael. The thoughts you portrayed in your blog were very well organized which allowed me to read it without difficulty and the title was a perfect appetizer which attracted my attention. The topic of space exploration is very intriguing so i’m glad you decided to write about something true and compelling. It was a well-written blog and although I enjoyed it, I would’ve liked to see you lengthen this piece just a little bit so I could’ve enjoyed it further. Keep up the good work man.

3. November 20th, 2011 at 5:41 pm      Reply Sheldon Raju Says:

Great job Nathaneel! Your use of language was very very good and interesting, I also agree with Julie on your topic choice, strange,but it seemed to work very well for you. I enjoyed this piece,well done.

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Class Blogs

BLOGGING RULES

October 2011
S M T W T F S
 1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031  

Categories

Skip to toolbar