The Hunni Blog ELA 10

Community Communication Trust Respect Courtesy Integrity Scholarship Self-Discipline

What Religion Means To Me

October17

The religion that me and my parents practice is Hinduism. Hinduism is a religion that i find very interesting and very unique in its own way.  The religion has opened my eyes to a new perspective on life and the world in general. Before as a child I did not find my religion as intriguing as other religions, but now that i have grown up I now understand what the priest is saying and take those important words into consideration. Hinduism focuses a lot on the concept of respect, and this might have been a reason why I did not like it as a child. Respect in that religion is one of the most important concepts, because if you don’t show respect others will look upon you as a very negative figure within that society, and this society is very strict. In the religion they say there are four people that must get all your respect in order to live a happy life. These four people are your parents, the priest, god himself, and your teacher.  If you fail to respect 2/4 of these figures we believe that your soul will not be able to find another body, and if it does you will face the punishment that you had caused in your past lifetime. These people all have played such an influential part in my life so it would just be common sense to respect them back of course and I would assume this would be something occurring in many other peoples religions as well. The celebrations that our religion participates in are, I’m guessing one of the more obvious differences between the other religions. Hinduism traditions include many bright colours because it is meant to keep demons and other evil spirits away from our bodies and our household. By keeping these demons away we prevent there negative energy to influence us therefore letting us focus on the key concept of respecting the four figures. Since respect is such an important virtue in the Hindu society we are trying to improve on how to practice it and to build a stronger knowledge towards what your people are saying. This is how and why religion means a lot to me.

by posted under Alvin | 6 Comments »    
6 Comments to

“What Religion Means To Me”

1. October 19th, 2011 at 11:00 pm      Reply Sara Says:

Alvin, i found your piece very interesting and informative. I love how you find your religion important and understand what you are meant to. I love the fact about respect and how you must show respect others in order to live a happy life which i agree with completely. I also find it amazing that you care about your religion and are comfortable sharing it with others so they to can understand and enjoy learning about it. Good job! 🙂

2. October 23rd, 2011 at 7:48 pm      Reply jessicabhakri Says:

Aw Alvin, this was very well written! I really enjoyed reading this, especially because I’m also Hindu. I found it interesting how you explained to us that you didn’t really take any interest in the religion, but now you respect it a lot! Religion is a part of many people’s daily lives, and for you to care about it this deeply, probably makes your parents really proud of you! Great job, and keep up the good work!

3. November 20th, 2011 at 5:22 pm      Reply kamalr Says:

This piece lets us know you on a personal basis which creates respect. It was interesting to see the your perspective of religion. I never expected that you would write a piece like this, but you did a great job. Your are very thorough throughout your piece and this is why this piece can be called a personal response.

4. November 27th, 2011 at 8:13 pm      Reply zainas Says:

You did an amazing job writing this. I Didn’t really know about your religion but now a have a good clue to what it is. It looks like you put a decent amount of effort while writing this; awesome job alvin!

5. June 8th, 2012 at 8:44 pm      Reply Sunny Janjua Says:

Alvin, this essay was very good. I really enjoyed reading about your culture and what it means to you. I now understand a little bit more about Hinduism and it was very pleasant to read. Good Job!

6. June 18th, 2012 at 12:18 am      Reply rajgil Says:

i enjoyed reading about your culture and understanding its traditions. the piece was very well written aswell. good job!

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Class Blogs

BLOGGING RULES

October 2011
S M T W T F S
 1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031  

Categories

Skip to toolbar