The Hunni Blog ELA 10

Community Communication Trust Respect Courtesy Integrity Scholarship Self-Discipline

The Veldt – Personal Response.

November27

We live in a generation of advanced technology where we don’t realize the possible occurrence that could take place in a few years from now. Ray Bradbury has captured the possible future in his short story “The Veldt”, where Peter and Wendy don’t listen to their parents, no quality time is spent together, and the killing of their parents. The sense I got was that Bradbury was trying to warn the future in 1950s when this story was narrated, I believe we are the “future”.  We might not be that distanced away from our parents to totally ignore them and not listen, since we know the possible consequences that we can face, but close enough to start. Everyday new technology is becoming more advanced or something extraordinary is releasing; therefore, the new generations are more reliable and adapting to it. We can envision living on a $30,000 worth of technology that will do all our chores, as mentioned in the story. What we don’t realize is the laziness that will take over, the relationship we have with the ones we love, and how we can stop it. I know that most parents will allow their kids to have whatever they want because they fall for their explanations, but they don’t consider the fact that they will have to put an end to it sooner or later. Earlier we knowledge, better future we will have. The young generation will be taking over the adult’s expectations since they won’t be disciplined, their priority will be technology over their values and missing out on the opportunities that they will have to experience. Technology in today’s living is so common that we rely on it on everything, even doing our homework! There is not one person that I know who doesn’t have it. Once it’s gone we start missing it, instead of finding alternatives to kill our time, and once we have it we are addicted. We can get a good view in “The Veldt” what the futuristic technology can do to our strong relationships. I can personally relate to this story because I get everything I have wanted so far since I am on only child. What I need to take in consideration is if my parents are telling me stop texting or to do something productive, it’s for my own good and they fear for my future. Together we can educate the younger ones to balance out the things we are blessed with and the quality time that is being spent together. Overall, Ray Bradbury has given a good over  of what can happen and it’s a good wake up call to those who are dependent electronics.

by posted under Nimrat | No Comments »    

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Class Blogs

BLOGGING RULES

November 2011
S M T W T F S
 12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930  

Categories

Skip to toolbar