The Hunni Blog ELA 10

Community Communication Trust Respect Courtesy Integrity Scholarship Self-Discipline

The Story Of Adelmo Mendoza

December5

I can assure you that the story of Adelmo Mendoza is seldom told because heroes are martyr’s that die without fame. Mr. Mendoza stood 6’1 with rugged shoulders, shaggy brown hair, and eyes that would subdue anyone who glanced his way. He was an intimidating figure that sporadically left his diminutive cabin and became confined with the world of being poor.  He disdained the city of Santa Fe for their abhorrent efforts to help the citizens that founded this city. Not one year of his life was Adelmo assuaged by the aid that the government had offered him. He thought if you were to appease the people of a nation, it would be through affliction, honesty, and loyalty. With the lack of money Adelmo joined the Santa Fe police force and made a suitable living through drudgery and his god given talent of catching a criminal. He served 12 years and  to quit due to the corrupt nature of the force because the massacare materialized into hell.

On March 20, Isabel Peron’s government had ordered a raid consisting of 4000 police and military officers on the city of Santa Fe. Adelmo heard the oppressive gunshots and cries throughout the streets and decided to protect himself from the harm. Making his way through the street, Adelmo spotted a vehicle and contrived a cunning escape. Just as he grasped the door handle he heard the despondent tears of a child and decreed that it would leave a scar in his heart if he did not save this child. Adelmo opened the apartment door of the child and to his dismay he found two bodies shot and piled together. The child lay their in grief, and sobbed till Adelmo grabbed her and asked,”Young woman where is your mother and father?” She pointed in silence to the dead bodies and Adelmo alleviated her pain with a hug that could not be forgotten. Adelmo gazed out the window and his vehicle had been emphatically disabled through the tactical minds of the government

In his right hand  Adelmo held a pistol and in his left the innocent hand of the child. The only chance of escape was through the south side and Adelmo was fortunate enough that they were immensely close to freedom. Adelmo weaved his way around corners until he made his way into a group of soldiers battering about the woman they had just inhumanly raped. The little girl belched out in shrieks and Adelmo’s hand went over her mouth, relinquishing the chance of being shot. “I need you to remain quiet. Please stay here and I promise I’ll be back. Just stay here.” Adelmo rigorously advised the child. All that was heard was four abrupt shots and Adelmo corralled the girl’s hand and proceeded on. They made their way towards a group of rebels that were on the verge of escaping.” Hey please take us with you!” Adelmo shouted. The main leader acknowledged this request and Adelmo made his way toward the group with the little child tagging along. “We need to move as quickly as possible,” admonished the leader.                                                                               “We can’t the militia is quickly approaching. I’ll hold them off. You all leave with your lives,” Adelmo demanded. The little girl refused to leave Adelmo ,but he stated,” Little child you have been such an influence on my life in just one day. If you were not leave right now I would not be able to live with myself. Live your life to the fullest and enjoy freedom. My time on this planet is over. Enjoy your freedom.” With these words in mind the little girl left with her freedom, and heard gunshots, but this time Adelmo was not there to hold her hand.

Why do I tell the story of Adelmo Mendoza? I was that little girl and Mr. Mendoza emancipated my life. My name Maria Lopez and I am a survivor of the Dirty War that took place in Argentina from 1975-1983.

by posted under Kamal | No Comments »    

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Class Blogs

BLOGGING RULES

December 2011
S M T W T F S
 123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Categories

Skip to toolbar