The Hunni Blog ELA 10

Community Communication Trust Respect Courtesy Integrity Scholarship Self-Discipline

Try.

December9

Try and succeed

Not just leave it.

Do what you love and do not recoil,

Or  be disheartened if you

Do not complete;

Not to fret, but without

There is no true meaning.

Is to not try, to fail?”

No, but not to start is not to

Try at all.

The quote “Try not. Do or do not. There is no try.” –Yoda means that one should not approach a task or objective thinking this will only be an attempt. Instead to approach with the mentality that you will either accomplish it, or not. He is saying whether you do something or not, you still try. My poem is talking about pretty much the same thing. That if you don’t try you don’t even have a chance to succeed. I was inspired by this quote which was on ‘Criminal Minds’.  And this is just a topic I agree with. You can never say “I cant do it” unless you have tried. I speak of this from experience. I know I have said that, but on the other hand I have been proved wrong by accomplishing a task I did not think I could. This is a quote everyone should live by. They should not let fear of not getting it done keep them from trying for what they want!

by posted under Alyssa | 4 Comments »    
4 Comments to

“Try.”

1. December 10th, 2011 at 12:50 am      Reply edenm Says:

Alyssa I really liked how you talked about how we should have a mentality where we don’t get chances to make excuses; it is either do or don’t . I also like the overall message of this post about not letting anything get in our way. Great job!

2. December 11th, 2011 at 5:58 pm      Reply colemcg Says:

Alyssa I like how you were able to relate the poem to the quote you were using but next time I would make the poem so you can truly capture your ideas.

3. January 1st, 2012 at 8:22 pm      Reply kirstenmak Says:

Alyssa, i loved your poem! It was really meaningful and sent a strong message!

4. March 2nd, 2012 at 10:23 am      Reply claudiat Says:

This is so good Alyssa. I really liked reading what you had to say about the poem. It gave off a strong message and you did an excelent job in you infrence of the poem. I though it was AWESOME!! <3

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Class Blogs

BLOGGING RULES

December 2011
S M T W T F S
 123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Categories

Skip to toolbar