The Hunni Blog ELA 10

Community Communication Trust Respect Courtesy Integrity Scholarship Self-Discipline

Winter Break

January8

My winter break was a fantastic one. It consisted of many events and fortunately, I managed to get a lot done. This break was a good one because I got to spend it with my amazing friends and family. I also worked a lot and made some money. One thing that I wish I could have done was go to my cabin in Invermere, B.C. I go there every year to go snowboarding but I wasn’t able to go there this break because I had to stay here for work. Speaking of work, I really do enjoy it because I work with people the same age and we always have a good time at work. I also got a chance to watch a couple of movies and almost get through a novel! I also discovered some new music that I really enjoy listening to as well. All in all, this winter break was one I wont forget.

On Christmas, I spent it with my family and we had a fabulous dinner and exchanged gifts. The one thing I love about the holidays is being able to be with my whole family all at once. Some movies that I watched were “The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo”, “New Years Eve”, “Horrible Bosses”, and “Crazy, Stupid, Love”. I also am in the process of reading “The Girl Who Played With Fire”, which is a novel in “The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo” series. About a year ago, I watched the first version of “The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo” which was in Swedish. I’ll admit, it was a fantastic movie but I fell asleep a couple times because I’m not good at having to read subtitles throughout a movie. I was so excited for the English  version to come out and I got a chance to see it. It was such a great movie and it is now one of my favourites. I also saw “New Years Eve” last week. It was a very entertaining movie with a lot of well-known celebrities in it. The underlying message of the movie made me realize that even though the year ends, the memories don’t. Although it seemed to be really hyped up on the whole subject of New Years Eve, I don’t think New Years Eve is really a big deal because you’re starting a new year again anyways so that one night doesn’t have to be perfect. The other few movies I saw were very entertaining and I enjoyed watching them.

My break was very eventful and I’m thankful for the time we all got off from school. Usually I don’t have a lot of time to watch movies or read gigantic novels, but with the break I managed to find time to do that. I highly recommend everyone to watch those movies or even try to read “The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo” series because it has really grown on me.

by posted under Kirsten | No Comments »    

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Class Blogs

BLOGGING RULES

January 2012
S M T W T F S
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031  

Categories

Skip to toolbar