The Hunni Blog ELA 10

Community Communication Trust Respect Courtesy Integrity Scholarship Self-Discipline

Red John — “The Mentalist”

January14

Ok. Now I know this is technically supposed to be a personal response to a movie… And I have watched a few this break but what really stuck with me weren’t those movies but one of the marathons on TV. This marathon was of “The Mentalist”, this is a program I have just begun to watch and it really caught my attention. “The Mentalist” is about a psychic, turned consultant for a ‘Bureau of Investigation’ to help solve crimes, but mostly search for the murderer of his wife and child.

“The Mentalist”, Patrick Jane, is quite talented at his job. He can study people’s behaviour, and by that determine whether they are lying or telling the truth. He plays a big role in this force, on the other hand, he works more when he wants too and doesn’t follow the rules; although, he is great at playing tricks with others minds, from many years of practice of being a ‘fake’ psychic. Playing with others minds and scheming is his forte’.  While that is what he does his real reason  to be on the team is too search for  ”Red John”, the murderer of his wife and daughter. Throughout the first three seasons that is his main goal. To find and kill Red John; the man who has been watching and taunting Mr. Jane for many years, by killing other women and leaving his signature, a smiley face.

The final episode in the third season is when Patrick Jane finally gets a chance for revenge; he finds Red John and pulls the trigger 3 times launching 3 bullets into his nemesis. Before doing this though he has to make sure he is killing the correct man, for he wouldn’t want to go to jail and let Red John survive and still be out there. So he asks how it can be proved, and Red John said, ‘his daughter smelled of “Strawberries and Cream” probably from her shampoo’, well, they say smell is a powerful trigger for memories. You could see the memories play out over Jane’s expression. This was the man, the monster who had viciously murdered his family.

This series can bring out different emotions no matter who you are. There are tear jerkers and some parts that make you want to murder someone yourself! And you are always sitting on the edge of your couch in suspense wondering what will happen next. Will so and so die? Or is that him? Do they have the bad guy? “The Mentalist” also triggers your brain. It forces you to think as he does and try and figure out if you can determine who it is. On my scale it’s a 4/4. Unbelievable!  http://cliqueclack.com/tv/2010/05/20/the-mentalist-janes-been-this-close-to-red-john-before/

by posted under Alyssa | 3 Comments »    
3 Comments to

“Red John — “The Mentalist””

1. January 23rd, 2012 at 4:00 pm      Reply julietru Says:

Alyssa! this is a wonderful response! I love how you wrote a response to instead of a MOVIE, it’s for a show great twist! The Mentalist is a pretty intense show that I’m addicted to and love. great response!

2. January 24th, 2012 at 10:42 pm      Reply ambermil Says:

Alyssa, I’ve always seen the commercials for The Mentalist but never watched an actual episode. Though the way you have described it makes me think I probably should get on that as soon as possible. Being an avid criminal minds fan it definitely looks like something I could enjoy too. Same sort of insane criminology idea but with the psychic abilities twist. Intriguing. Scheming is his forte? Well I can relate, so maybe I’ve just been sold.

3. February 10th, 2012 at 12:25 pm      Reply Mady Toyne Says:

Alyssa,this is a brilliant & such a wonderful piece. I really enjoyed how you relate everything and connect it all in such an orderly way. Good job girl!

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Class Blogs

BLOGGING RULES

January 2012
S M T W T F S
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031  

Categories

Skip to toolbar