The Hunni Blog ELA 10

Community Communication Trust Respect Courtesy Integrity Scholarship Self-Discipline

The Truman Show

May27

When we started watching the movie, I was confused with what was going on, but as it kept going, I started to understand what was going on. Truman is someone that was literally born into an actor. When he was still in his mother’s stomach, he was being filmed, all the way from his first steps to his wedding. Every single moment of his life was being filmed for an audience in the world. For Truman the “real world” was the fake city he was living in. He did not know any different he had grown up there and was raised there so to him this was the “real world”.  What he did not know was that his whole life was being filmed and shown around the world for other people’s entrainment. His whole is being controlled and manipulated by Cristof, who is the founder of The Truman Show. Everyday it is the same routine, we all know that, but Truman does not know that; however, his perspective on life starts to change when all of the sudden, out of nowhere a stage falls to the ground. Then there is the radio malfunction, all of the sudden your hearing someone voice talking about everything that Truman is doing. Then he sees the actors taking a break behind an elevator, he starts figuring out that this is not real. He finally starts to locate reality, he starts separating the fake things from the real.

Truman has never loved his wife, and in high school, he falls for another girl named Sylvia, but she is not part of his script so she is taken away. Truman has never forgotten her because she was the one girl that he actually loved.  She tries to explain to Truman that this is not reality and that his whole life. If anyone were in his shoes, they would think that she is crazy because they would not know any different and have no idea what she’s talking about. The movie keeps going and finally Truman gets out of the fake world he has been living in. Cristof was smart he surrounded the whole city with water, when Truman was a little kid Cristof killed his dad in a tragic boating accident. Truman has been afraid of the water since, which exactly what Cristof wanted to achieve, he wanted to make Truman afraid of the water so Truman wouldn’t try to leave the city and he would stay there. What Cristof does not know is that Truman. Like any other human, can conquer his fear. Truman set sail for the end of the fake city and when Cristof found out that, he was trying to get out he controlled the oceans current and wind and tried to kill off/ scare Truman so he would not find the end of the fake world. In the end, Truman finds the end of the world and climbs the stairs to the real world where he reconnects with his lost love Sylvia.

At first, I thought that the movie was really weird and confusing, but as I started to understand what was going on I started to feel bad for Truman and started to feel slightly freaked out. All of the sudden I was freaking out wondering if someone(s) were watching my every move. Of course, my friend and family told me to shut up before they got scared. It is funny how Truman means true man which is the compete opposite because Truman is not a true man because his whole life has been one big lie, but in the end he lives up to his name. Critsof name means Christ like which matches him because he is constantly looking over Truman and seeing everything that is going on in Seahaven. I feel that love is one of the main reasons that Truman wants to leave Seahaven, he still loves Sylvia and wants to see her again. Love also helps Truman conquer his fear of the water. I feel that the sea is a symbol of chaos, death, and separation. Because of death, Truman is afraid to cross the water and the water is what separates hi from the love of his life and the real word. I feel that the Truman show is a great movie and shows how anybody can conquer their fears when people are holding you back and gives you a completely new perspective on life, what life actually is, and who is watching us from above.

by posted under Simrat | 3 Comments »    
3 Comments to

“The Truman Show”

1. June 18th, 2012 at 12:27 am      Reply rajgil Says:

i enjoyed reading this piece ! very well written. it was funny as i had felt the same emotions at some points in the film. great job simrat!

2. June 19th, 2012 at 12:10 pm      Reply Tarbear Says:

I agree with Raj, very well written! We all had a super hard time trying to understand the movie at some point and if anyone had any questions about the movie, they are probably all answered because of your piece! Find ways to join some sentences together! Keep up the good work! =)

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Class Blogs

BLOGGING RULES

May 2012
S M T W T F S
 12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728293031  

Categories

Skip to toolbar