The Hunni Blog ELA 10

Community Communication Trust Respect Courtesy Integrity Scholarship Self-Discipline

Professional What?

November5

Dear Braedon,

I have read the book “Steve-O professional Idiot”, by David Peinser, and thought it could relate to you really well. The novel kinda relates to all of the stunt we pull and all the good times we have, I would recommend you read it because you would find it quite fascinating.

When i first saw this book sitting on the store shelf I thought to myself,”I must have this”. So the very next week I went out bought the book and read it. As I was reading the book i started to realize how much my personal life related to Steve-O’s. The book went more and more in-depth about how he was always seeking adrenaline and always trying to “one up” his last stunt. I revolve around the same kind of life style Steve-O had, trying to push boundaries  and take my sport to the next level. I felt like I had really connected with this book, it made me realize what I was trying to achieve and accomplish. One of my favorite quotes from the book stated,” ” You need to settle down, bro”. It is simple but this quote goes against Steve-O has ever striven for. I believe in pushing yourself to the max and more, it is the way I have always been. One flaw that me and Steve-O share is that sometimes we don’t know when to stop. I have hurt myself too many times because I just kept going, and going, and going. Steve-O had the same thing happen to him when he just kept going and making the stunt bigger. He tried to back flip off a roof into a building but ended up hitting his leg on the pool and severely  breaking it. Steve-O and I also have no fear,which is huge for the sports i participate in. I am always having to do crazier tricks, bigger jumps, tighter turns at faster speeds but the one thing that won’t stop me is fear. I pride myself in having the courage to move on and advance my knowledge in my areas of expertise. The one thing that shocked me is all of the wrong choices Steve-O made and be were he is today. It made me realize how cruel this world can be but if you keep on trying the good will finally shine through. This book is very interesting and has way more aspects to it then drugs, adrenaline, and stunts. It makes you realize how lucky we are to live the life we have and how it can be taken away in a flash because of stupid decisions. I think that a lot of  people could partially discover who they are through reading this book and I recommend it to anyone who like critical thinking.

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Class Blogs

BLOGGING RULES

November 2012
S M T W T F S
 123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
252627282930  

Categories

Skip to toolbar