The Hunni Blog ELA 10

Community Communication Trust Respect Courtesy Integrity Scholarship Self-Discipline

A Letter to My 10 Year Old Self

October6

In the years to come you will discover that you have to reach your lowest possible point in order to get yourself back up and bring yourself to a better place. No matter what happens to you, just remember that life goes on, even in times when you can’t bring yourself to believe it. Don’t allow the things people say to you to wear you down, you’re stronger than you know. One thing I’ve learned is to quickly establish whether a person is entering my life for my benefit, so now I don’t let people who constantly bring me down remain in my life. Fights happen, it’ll up to you to accept your wrongdoing and swallow your pride. There will be many times where your trust will be broken, and you’ll promptly realize that trust is as fragile as paper – once it’s crumpled or torn it can’t go back to the way it was before.

People change, and you have to learn to accept it. You’ll lose people you can’t imagine a life without but I promise you’ll be okay. Your parents are right, you have great potential – don’t waste it. Although grades and marks shouldn’t dictate your life, continue to give everything your utmost effort. Be kind to your teachers, they’re there to help. Don’t allow yourself to succumb to the overwhelming fear of change; instead, learn to welcome it. School doesn’t get easier, getting up each day will be a battle of its own, and some days you won’t want to fight. Down the road you’ll make mistakes, just as any other human would, and the memories from them will linger in your mind like a plague. Self destruction is a gruesome path, avoid it to the best of your abilities. In the next few years you’ll meet people that will surround you with happiness; don’t let them go. Don’t lose sight of yourself; in this day and age finding authenticity in the people we meet is a challenge. Recognize that your parents aren’t antagonizing you in any way; thus you shouldn’t either. Remember that you can’t control everything, and that letting go of your urge to stay in controlled situations will lead you to live a life that you didn’t think was possible. Things will happen and it’ll be up to you to make the most of the circumstances you’re put into, and don’t forget that life goes on!

by posted under Roshni, Uncategorized | 4 Comments »    
4 Comments to

“A Letter to My 10 Year Old Self”

1. November 4th, 2014 at 1:28 pm      Reply clairean Says:

Dear Roshni,
    Reading your blog, it was very easy to relate to. I love that you wrote it in such a way where you have generalized everything just enough for readers to realate it to their own lives without losing the meaning behind it. The only thing I would say for you to work on is to be aware of how long your sentences are. Most of them flow very well, but some are run-ons and it sort of takes away from the meaning of the sentence itself.
    Sincerly, Claire

2. November 8th, 2014 at 5:20 pm      Reply daania chaudhary Says:

Dear Roshni,

This was a perfect representation of a life lesson that you’d want to tell to your 10 year old self, and it was written very beautifully. As I continued to read, I had a movie playing in my mind about the words you have written down, and the advice you were giving through your writing.

To improve, I would suggest adding more specific examples, so that the specificity of this post wouldn’t be so vague.

Through this blog, I really saw what you value in friendships, and I gained a new found respect for you (not that I didn’t already). Your tone and how u handle people leaving your life really amazes me, and I hope that everyone can have that mind set towards losing people because it happens a lot in our lives.

Sincerely,
    Daania

3. November 11th, 2014 at 4:30 pm      Reply paulasosu Says:

Dear rosh posh,

Since we met at the beginning of the year I had a feeling we would become good friends; one of the reasons being that I share a lot of the same or similar perspectives that you do on life, and that shines brightly in your blog. I love how you don’t sweet talk in the letter to yourself and you get straight to the matter that, yes there’s struggles, but you can’t allow yourself to give up and waste your potential. I love how even though it’s a letter to yourself I can relate to it and easily see myself writing this to a ten year old Paula.

I admire your writing style and your approach on life, and the real only thing that I might recommend you do to improve an already great blog, is to look for different sentence types as you sometimes put a few simple sentences right after the other. That being said most of them do add emphasis and it fits well with your tone.

I look forward to more of your blogs.

Sincerely,

Paula

4. November 12th, 2014 at 2:06 pm      Reply Gavin Says:

Dear Roshni,

That was a great blog! it demonstrated how you’ve changed from your 10 year old self to who you are now. You’ve had a difficult past with the people around you and you’ve overcome it, which makes you a stronger person. The blog had strong vocabulary and you related your past to who you are now very well.

I feel like there were little bits of repetition throughout the blog and you were bringing ideas that you already said again once in a while so that could be changed.

Overall this was an amazing blog and i hope you do more great work like this because it’s astonishing keep up the good work!

Sincerely,

Gavin

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Class Blogs

BLOGGING RULES

October 2014
S M T W T F S
 1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031  

Categories

Skip to toolbar