The Hunni Blog ELA 10

Community Communication Trust Respect Courtesy Integrity Scholarship Self-Discipline

Romeo and Juliet Personal Response

January10

In everyday life, we often break rules and do forbidden actions with the intentions of feeling more gleeful. In some cases, this may involve one loving someone despite social context and the opinions of others. In Shakespeare’s play, “Romeo and Juliet,” the motif of forbidden love stood out massively and, in my opinion, was the main theme of the entire novel.

Personally, I find that forbidden love is the best kind of love, and that true love does not occur without issues. As we see in the novel, Romeo and Juliet are faced with problems in their love story that keeps them apart despite their true care for each other. For instance, when Romeo kills Tybalt, Juliet defends Romeo despite Tybalt being her cousin; I expected her to care more about her family than Romeo, but she showed her true care for Romeo in this instance. As a result, we see a side of Juliet that shows true passion for her love, an undying loyalty to Romeo.

Even though I do not live in the same time frame that this play was made in, I relate to the love that Romeo and Juliet have; being separated from one’s significant other is terrible. Romeo and Juliet were a perfect couple despite the many opposites that they had, in terms of their families and their personalities; Romeo is a more childish, immature character whereas Juliet has maturity and self-control. The irony of their attraction together is something I feel I can relate to, as I love someone who has nothing in common with me as well. As a result, I was able to relate to the motif of forbidden love in this play extremely well.

by posted under Zafir | No Comments »    

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Class Blogs

BLOGGING RULES

January 2015
S M T W T F S
 123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Categories

Skip to toolbar