The Hunni Blog ELA 10

Community Communication Trust Respect Courtesy Integrity Scholarship Self-Discipline

The Kite Runner

January12

Dear Areesha,

It is quite evident that you love to read since your nose is always in a book majority of the time. I have come across a book that has charmed me in multiple ways and I know that would fascinate you. This novel is known as The Kite Runner, a popular read , written by Khaled Hosseni who had been inclusive about morals , and values in his novel. I thought this would be considered a commendable recommendation since these values are similar to the ones we were brought up with. While reading this novel you will notice that many of the values introduced are relevant to our daily lives.

This novel takes place in Kabul, Afghanistan with a main character known as Amir who has a best friend, Hassan. During The Kite Runner we notice that Amir encounters a situation and how his response towards it will affect him for a long period of time while he carries a pool of guilt with him. We understand the dilemmas that he must confront because of a mistake he had made blindly as a child. We advance with Amir in his future and we grasp the concept of how this particular blunder comes back to bite him later in time.

The Kite Runner intrigued me especially due to the fact that it has particular characters that resembles someone who used to be part of our life, our grandfather. Amir’s father was portrayed as a respected man around the distract in Kabul whose attributes reminded of our grandfather. He inherits many qualities that I thought was a replica of our grandfather. While reading this novel I felt a sense of solace since this resemblance gave a vibe as if he was right by my side. Not only were the characters a resemblance of beloved one in our life but also were the struggles that were compatible to our parents endeavors . While Amir and his father were emerging into a new location they faced the idea of starting from scratch in an accommodation where many are not aware of their superior identity in Kabul. This exact event was experienced by our parents when they to the chance to settle in Calgary. I found it not only more enjoyable but convenient to read this novel since there were many moments where I could relate to it.

This novel has also contributed towards my perception of values that we were taught as children. The act of honesty , and loyalty were key concepts of this book in my perspective. As children these were significant conceptions our parents taught us and The Kite Runner clearly covers this in the novel.By the end of this novel I was able to expand my understanding of these traits and so will you once you read this novel.

As my sister you should know how gruesome my reading habits are in general so for me to advocate such a novel to you is considered a huge deal. Keeping that in mind I hope you decide to give this book a try.

Love,

Asna

by posted under Asna, Uncategorized | 1 Comment »    
One Comment to

“The Kite Runner”

1. January 18th, 2015 at 1:22 pm      Reply sidrazi Says:

Dear Asna,
    I have just recently finished reading The Kite Runner and I have to say, you and your continuous nagging was the reason I decided to pick it up. I fully agree with you when you explain the intriguing perceptions reflected in this novel and I was interested to see that you have connected it to a personal level by expressing the values you and your sister grew up with while also talking about your grandfather.
    I am very proud of the way your writing has developed throughout the semester but I do have a suggestion for your future writing. I would recommend that you work more on your grammar and sentence structure. If you do this, your writing will excel and your pieces will fully express what you are trying to convey to the audience.
    Sincerely, Sidra

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Class Blogs

BLOGGING RULES

January 2015
S M T W T F S
 123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Categories

Skip to toolbar