The Hunni Blog ELA 10

Community Communication Trust Respect Courtesy Integrity Scholarship Self-Discipline

The Kite Runner

October28
Dear Ibadat:

Over the summer, I read a heart-touching novel called The Kite Runner. This book, written by Khaled Hosseini gives you a sense of reality and value to all the advantages we have living in a secure and healthy environment. As much as we do not realize how grateful we should be to have all the needs and more, when you read a novel like this you feel utter despair for the children not being able to go to school and working as servants at an incredibly young age. Khaled Hosseini gives you a book that will shatter your heart in every way possible. Since I have known you, I have learnt that you love the novels that make people realize how fortunate they are, and I truly believe this book is a one of a kind; it will change your views greatly.

These boys are like brothers, but are estranged due to the countries atrocious circumstances which makes you put yourself in that position and be affected by the atmosphere so dramatically that you will not be able to believe, and for the most part handle what the children in Afghanistan have at such a young age.

“There are a lot of children in Afghanistan, but little childhood.”

This quote is greatly related to Hassan. He has been working as a servant from the time he was able to think straight. He did not have a childhood like Amir did; wealth, school and friends just were not in his fate. Instead Hassan’s circumstances were permeated with sorrows. The disconsolate incidents that Hassan has to face gave me one of the most forlorn feelings I had ever met. The book only explains what Hassan had endured, but in reality, he is not alone; kids all over the country face abuse, homelessness and hunger. You appreciate how blessed you are; hardly do kids have to face these circumstances in a country where education is provided freely and wars are something that barely exists. We live in a country like this; we have all the advantages the children in countries like Afghanistan dream of. Since we were born we have gotten everything from affection to our unnecessary longings. This novel gives you a look at life in a whole new perspective. Since I put a hand on this novel, I can proudly say I have been impacted powerfully.

One of the most important themes that were met in this novel was love. I have known from day one that you are an absolute fan of books that involve family and affection, and I believe this is the best book for you to read because these two factors and much more eye-opening incidents that are involved.

“When you kill a man, you steal a life. You steal his wife’s right to a husband, rob his children of a father. When you tell a lie, you steal someone’s right to the truth. When you cheat, you steal the right to fairness.”

This quote portrays many different views, but I found that it related quite well with family and affection. Though one may be wealthy and fortunate than the other, there is still a perception of jealousy involved. You notice how Amir is envious to Hassan because he feels that he is not loved as much as Hassan is by his father. I realized how wealth was not even important to him; Amir wanted adoration from his father more than he had a desire for anything else. Children in Afghanistan may not have the fortune of school or a secure environment, but what most matters to them is love, and still most of them are forsaken on the streets after they are born with no one to save them, which was basically the case with Hassan and his biological mother. I realized how love is the real wealth in your life not the number of dollars you have sitting in your bank account. I put myself in his position and thought about it; if my parents barely had any affection for me, I would be nothing, their love is apart of my identity and I truly believe that it is involved in enormous part of life for a person. We have everything, from love to our desires, from the minute we were born. I possibly cannot understand what they go through, but I realize how hopeless those kids are living in such horrible circumstances; but that is exactly why I want to help those kids and make a change in countries that have suffering, desperate kids. This book truly teaches you to appreciate yourself and the people around you because without them, you wouldn’t be able to live in such blessed circumstance.

You are the first person I would recommend this great book to because of all the lessons and remarks that are made in a person’s life after reading this novel. I assure you that you will look at life in a whole new perspective and will also help be apart of teaching everyone to appreciate the life we are living. This book impacted me immensely and I can guarantee it’ll impact you greatly also.

Yours Truly ,

Prabhjot

Quotes taken from: http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/search?utf8=✓&q=the+kite+runner&commit=Search

by posted under Prabhjot, Uncategorized | 2 Comments »    
2 Comments to

“The Kite Runner”

1. November 3rd, 2012 at 5:12 pm      Reply Tania Says:

Dear Prabhjot,

I think your blog post was very heart touching and well structured. You did an awesome job at explaining how you felt while reading the book and how Ibadat will most likely feel also, so she knows what she’s getting herself into. You also have great choice of words when explaining the book The Kite Runner. I really liked one of the quotes you chose, “When you kill a man, you steal his life. You steal his wife’s right to a husband, rob his children of a father. When you tell a lie, you steal someones right to the truth. When you cheat, you steal the right to someones fairness.” You did a good job in explaining this quote and overall I enjoyed your blog post.

For some improvements I think you should explain who Amir and Hassan are more, because you kind of just throw them in the paragraph when explaining that quote I liked above. Also, before you write the quote, you should introduce it and add a colon. Another thing is you forgot to italic the title of the book! Besides these few things, you did a great job on this blog post!

Love,
    Tania

2. November 4th, 2012 at 4:35 pm      Reply ibadat Says:

Dear Prabhjot,

I believe that as an individual you have convinced me to read this book. You were very persuasive and wise with your word choosing. The quote that really hit home for me was, “There are a lot of children in Afghanistan, but little childhood.” It made me realize how I am so fortunate living in Canada. You describe the quote really well and were able to persuade your audience. You did a good job and I really enjoyed it.

In order to improve this piece even more I think you should double check the punctuation. You forgot to put the title of the put in italics, so just make sure you remember that for next time. Other than these minor mistakes, You did a excellent job on trying to persuade me to read this book.

Love,
    Ibadat

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Class Blogs

BLOGGING RULES

October 2012
S M T W T F S
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031  

Categories

Skip to toolbar