The Hunni Blog ELA 10

Community Communication Trust Respect Courtesy Integrity Scholarship Self-Discipline

High School Musical Vs. Reality

October6

As a child I was raised on Disney, and the one thing that you had to watch to be cool in elementary school was to watch all three High School Musical. Now growing up and watching these movies I had great expectation for what high school was supposed to bring me. I was expecting singing and choreographed dances that people did down hallways and in the lunch room but no that’s not what happened. When walking down hallways or anywhere people didn’t look like they enjoy being at school and I wouldn’t blame them. Most of the kids look like they’re dead and ready to kill you if you got in there way.

Though my heart has been crushed that there’s no singing and dancing that I was expecting to gladly walk in on, I was soon to find out that there is no Troy Bolton in my school. Now there is some good looking guys in my schools but there’s no Troy Bolton. No athletic sporty guy that later you find out that he can sing like an angel. Nothing like that will I find at my school. You’ll just find over achieving guys or guys that are too concerned about basketball to pay to attention to you. Nothing worth fainting over when you see them walking down the hallway.

But the one thing that I do have is a Sharpay Evans. That one girl that with the snap of her fingers she gets whatever she wants. She’s the girl that if you steal a little bit of her spotlight from her she will do anything in her power to crush you and your dreams. These girls are worst when it comes to guys. If that girl wants the guy you like you better back off the guy otherwise the next four years of High school are going to be terrible.

Now the thing that I was expecting the most was those dance numbers with singing that the characters did when something exciting happened or they had to “get there head in the Game”. These moments got me all the time and I was expecting for me to have to do these moments down a hallway when going through a struggle at school ,but that never seemed to happen. All the practicing for those moments are down the drain.

As you can see the whole dream of what High school was supposed to be for me was crushed on the very first day of school. No one singing and dancing in the hallways and everything being so boring day to day. Also not bumping into that Troy Bolton that you were expecting on the first day of school. So the moral of the story is that High School Musical lied to me on how High School was supposed to be and all that practicing was a waste of time.

by posted under Amelia, Uncategorized | 2 Comments »    
2 Comments to

“High School Musical Vs. Reality”

1. November 6th, 2014 at 9:33 am      Reply wvincent Says:

Dear Amelia,

This piece definitely held your voice. You portrayed your ideas in very straightforward manner and did not make things too complicated. When you said “over achieving guys or guys that are too concerned about basketball”, I have to completely agree with that.

To improve upon, I suggest that you double check your word choice with the words their and there. There are also a few places where a comma would be nice. I recommend that you avoid addressing the reader directly and just let them read by themselves.

Sincerely,
    Vincent

2. November 17th, 2014 at 9:05 pm      Reply Asna Says:

Dear Amelia,
    I loved your piece and perspective of how high school really is compared to common belief. I found this to be very entertaining and quite relatable since any viewer of High School Musical believed that high school was all about singing and dancing. The last sentence of your blog was my favorite part since it ended with pure disappointed that high school wasn’t a carbon copy of how it was portrayed in the movies.
    An area where you can work on is including different thoughts and ideas on this matter. I felt as if you were being quite repetitive while discussing finding a Troy Bolton and singing in the hallways. If you found anymore relatable characters that resembled some identies at school you should include that in your writing.
    I do agree with Vincent when he states double checking your usage of their and there and adding a few commas to some of your sentences.
    Sincerely,
    Asna

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Class Blogs

BLOGGING RULES

October 2014
S M T W T F S
 1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031  

Categories

Skip to toolbar